View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: November \"I FORGOT MY MANTRA\" Low Content chit-chat thread

[ QUOTE ]

By the way, on a more personal note, for this dude anyway, why is this guy's friendship so hot? He humiliates his wife on the phone in a way, even in a way that others can hear it, not privately. He now is doing the same thing to you, and threatening physical violence even. Just what is it about this guy that's so great? How many women do you think he has threatened before, and will in the future?

[/ QUOTE ]

Difficult question which is why it's taken me so long to answer it. He invited me places. He's funny. He's like a real life Chris Farley only meaner. He included me in things that he was doing outside of work. We went to the comedy club and out for drinks with our significant others. We agree on politics. It's a friendship I will miss. But you're right, Blarg, after the way he's been acting I don't want to patch things up. Whether you believe it or not I actually do have some self respect. What I mean is that I'm not desperate to keep a friend. I am sort of an introvert so being around people is a turnoff to me anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
Giving him the cold shoulder is childish and ineffective and may even come off as petulant and weak. You are faced with a professional matter and need a professional response, not to withdraw from the challenge. Whether you address this as a sulking or petulant chick or as a professional will say a lot about you, and people will be watching.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assure you I am not a sulking chick. Petulant maybe. Ok well maybe I sulk a little about forum stuff. I know I know, diebitter and Wookie are raising an eyebrow right now. I may be a lot of things but sulking is not one of them except in my forum life. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]