View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

[ QUOTE ]
3. What is going on with Jamie Gold? We know he had to shop 6 mill to his friend and pay taxes. Lets be generous and say he got to keep 4.5 million after all expenses and probably some debt. WTF is he doing playing for 500k?????
I mean we know he goes all in next episode so he could potentially lose 1/7th of his WSOP winnings on one hand. We know that no one is gonna stake him, so its all his cash.
Where are his friends to help ground him to reality?
He turned me off so much with his behavior, but its kinda sad to him show no financial intelligence whatsover.
Also, I couldn't help but feel sorry for him listening to the table chatter. Best Bluffer in the world? Trying to ingratiate himself with the other players, who seem to be humoring him so he enjoys himself and doesnt leave the game. Barry has made a few comments that seem appreciative of Jaime's gamble, that simultaneously stroke Jaime's ego and encourage him to continue playing like an ass.
Floating Degeneyamine with no pair/draw in a deep stack game and then not following through on the turn made no sense. Man, this guy needs a friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

As said, Jamie was pretty well off before the WSOP win. How many million he had, we don't know. Also, even if his WSOP do constitute most of his networth, he's not the only one at the table playing in a game they shouldn't be playing in.