View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Re: how many hands have you played?

I started poker last week of November 2006 with 50$, playing super nit mode at NL2 (/w 2$ buyin as I was following a 25 buyin rule and 2$ is 100bb since stars NL2 plays 200bb deep). Started 12 tabling after a couple of days.

According to Stars I've played 600 000 hands on their site.
According to my database I've played 100 000 hands on stars between May - August (moved to Prima first week of august). 10k NL25, 50k NL50, 36k NL100.
I played next to no hands in March as most of my money was stuck in neteller.
I played 30k hands on UB in April.

So somehow I managed to play 500 000 hands between what is essentially December and February, I'm still trying to figure out how, but I guess 12 tabling 10 hours a day for a while leads to that.. (and I went on sick life tilt after I failed my first shot at NL50 in January, managing to go from 1k to 300$ in 2 days - lose 4 buyins at NL50, lose rest at NL25, I mean I was running really bad but I was also extremely tilted).

I was running really good after the first few weeks (I was making 10 buyins a day at NL10, and I'm not exaggerating, given how little I knew about poker that's pretty hot), so I wasted a lot of time in february "trying to make it back", but was too tilted. Around this time I realized that playing 12 tables of stacked 6 max tables was a really [censored] stupid idea.

I've played about 83 000 hands on Prima between August and November. I started out at NL100 there, 8 tabling but about halfway through I realized I REALLY couldn't play 8 tables on their software (too fast but also too clumsy), so I've been 4 tabling ever since.
39k hands NL100
34.6k hands NL200
About 6.6k hands NL300
2k~ hands of NL100 headsup.

I still don't get how I played those first 500 000 hands, I mean sure, I grinded out a few 13k hand sessions (12 NL10 full ring tables stacked on top of eachother with a movie running = best way to learn, AMIRITE?) but I also barely played for parts of January as far as I can remember.

As for the future, eh, I've decided to put off moving up and learn heads-up instead (I've got some pretty [censored] results in heads-up so far [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) so I'm going to be playing NL100 HU over a few different sites this month, hopefully I can get a decent amount of hands in (I've been so lazy the last few months).

I had a lot of trouble getting away from some weak-tight tendencies in my play, and not going on auto-pilot. I also tend to play too long sessions when losing leading to some epic graphs like this one from NL50:

And I blame it all on rekrul for making a comment in some monthly results thread to the effect of: "Lol you played 20k hands? I played 10k hands today".
That or my ridiculous donkey-headed stubborness.

Btw, I think Tinga18 posts on here, if you see this, do you remember this session? You were on my left on a few tables and I was tilting sooo hard, I think I spewed 5 buyins to you or so (a few were legitimate coolers tho of course, but I spewed a loooot, one of the few times I was actually tilting in the normal sense of the world, I usually just play my C- game when on tilt).