View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: NYC poker: safety and legalization

psandman:

You don't know enough the situation, google it for more details because there were numerous news reports - its not what you assume. Edgar was the card rooms operator, he had a rap sheet a mile long - he knew he was going to see jail time when he called the cops. Last I heard he is still in jail, he was arrested 6 or so months ago.

Since this was the only time I recall (and I could be wrong - I might not remember another time) where the robbery was mentioned in the news this is unfortunately the only example I can give in a public forum like 2+2 where millions (yes, believe it or not - millions) of people visit and read the posts (including the NY Times and ABC News who are watching these threads), unfortunately you have to take my word for it that this is the standard operating policy for most owners in Manhattan.

I spoke to the former operator of a room that was raided 2 years ago yesterday, I was there in the room when he called the police to stop a fight - ah the good old days [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]