View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Heyman: Miggy is on the block.

[ QUOTE ]

Division is weak? Are you crazy? I think if the Marlins could get a good return on investment here...and I am CERTAIN somebody will manage to find an overpayment offer if the Marlins are really looking to deal...they should do it for sure. I mean the course of action that makes the most sense for the Marlins is to either A) trade miggy, set a time horizon for 3 years when they will still have their other young assets..or B) deal as many people who will be free agents after this season as possible, and go crazy in the market next offseason, possibly landing CC or Santana, and some bat to make their once every five years push.

James

[/ QUOTE ]

The division is weak...the Phillies won it this year if you weren't aware, that would be the team that had 1 starter capable of winning a game and no bullpen. So yeah I would consider them weak. The Met's pitching is not much better. They have good offenses but so do the Marlins,and their bullpen is by far the best in the division. If they were to add maybe 2 starters who can pitch for most of the year and give them a good number of innings, they are definitely capable of competing with any of the teams in the division.