Thread: River value?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 12:33 PM

Default Re: River value?

Well ill take a shot...

The manner you get to the river is clearly important. Personally I do not think that raising your hand from your position is very good. I also do not think its that big a deal.

If you are going to raise that hand from that postion, and you are going to see a flop multiway, and you do flop top pair with a good kicker when there are a bunch of draws on the flop I would NOT reccomend Checking into two players, because one of them is shortstacked. You give absolutely no indeication of why you think he will bet, allowing you pull your trick check/raise maneouvore.

You then underbet the pot in my opinion.. giving far too good odds to the multitude of draws.

Then, the river comes, which is the street you want to discuss...

QT got there. Spades got there. Random Kings got there. And you title your post "River Value?". Well if thats the question, then the answer is no. There is no value in betting the river because you will not get called by worse often enough. But I drew that conclusion from previous streets which is why I chose to mention them. I mean ffs... it's only my opinion, but at the end of the day you can take that on board, use it how you wish and add to your knowledge.... even if all you gleam is "bet tpgk on drawy boards 3-handed when I am pfr for protection... dont go for trick plays that get me into trouble".

Or don't.

If I was going to bet t his river I would be doing so as a blocker bet. If villian is really bluffy I think I would c/c. If not, then c/f.