View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 07:56 AM

Default Re: even more so when ...

Some jerk at the table is constantly displaying to all the limitless bounds of his superior poker wizdum, but most of what he says spews forth like so many vomitous chunks of projectile bullpucky.

Like this schmuck I recently had the displeasure of tossing the cards to. There was a question of cardroom seating procedure - a woman had been seated between the blinds. Her chips arrived and the next hand was dealt, she was waiting to come in behind the button. Now someone says they want that seat. Well had they spoke up sooner, Ida let them have it, but they waited too long. I'm not making someone move this far after the fact. The player wanting the seat accepted this, no problem. Now the mega-nit decides that I don't know diddly and need the benefit of being learned by him. He says he's played at rooms all over the world and that's "at least 5,000" poker rooms. He continues that any player who wants can always take the seat of anyone else who has not been dealt in yet. "Trust me, I know" he informss me.

Oooooooooooooo-kaaaaaaaay.

I'm sorry, but being a rude jerk is not standard staff policy in any cardroom I've been in. Well, ok, the taj-mahal. But not in most. Once someone's situated I don't need a friggin' rulebook cuz I aint making them move.

To further demonstrate his self-proclaimed cardroom prowess, he plays like a moron, folds out of turn, gets disgusted on every single hand he does not win the pot on, and let's not forget winging the cards every hand. His strategic decisions would be much improved if he just bought one of those eight-ball thingies. And he intermixes many bad-beat stories with his strategic mis-advice to the tourists (who would rather he get run over by a dodge truck so they can have a good friggin' time already).

I don't need this schmuck to tell me how to do my friggin' job or 'splain the rules to m. I'm Al_Capone friggin' Junior.

Al