View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 04:51 AM

Default Re: What is the most tragic thing you\'ve ever had to deal with

Five years ago on the way back from visiting our grandfather and his family who lived a few hours away, my mom and my brother and I were driving back and got rear ended on the highway after making a rest stop. Our minivan spun around several times before striking a metal pole in the grass divider (no guard rails). My brother who just shy of turning 17 was killed instantly, I was about 14 at the time. Witnessing his death first hand was very traumatic for me as it would be for anybody. My mother took his death especially hard. The next few months were extremely depressing, seeing my mother crying day after day and remembering the horrible reactions to the news from his friends and fiancee is something I'll never really get over. Just thinking about it now puts me in tears. Usually I just try not to think about it, and I've done a pretty good job of that.

Pretty depressing thread topic, but as much as I hate to dwell on stuff like this I do think it's important to not forget what happened and to grieve accordingly.