View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 04:12 AM

Default Re: Turkey Talk: November Low Content Thread

Tonight I hosted a small, social poker game. Only 5 of us played, two of whom I'd never met. 10 minutes after everyone left, at around 11pm, my co-worker comes back to my apartment; his car has been towed. He parked illegally around 8pm and was only there for about 2.5 hours.

When he arrived I asked him where he parked and he told me; next to the dumpster, not blocking any cars. I myself once parked there over night and just got a warning ticket (no fine) on my car. I told him this when he arrived and said "I don't think they'd tow you".

There are no permits at my complex; it's just kind of survival of the fittest. Each apartment gets one "covered" spot (which my girlfriend uses) and there are "not really enough" uncovered spots to fight for. I've only lived here since July and had no idea they towed.

The bill came to 279 dollars, which was discounted because he paid in cash that I loaned him. The buy in for the poker game was 10 bucks (he lost 30). We left it at he'd bring me a check tomorrow for the 279.

I don't know how to make one of the poll thingies, but would like to pose a question (if someone could post a poll I'd greatly appreciate it). Do I:

1. Take the check. Wasn't my fault.
2. Split it with him. Nice gesture.
3. Don't accept the check. Hero level.

The guy is 23 years old, has a Master's degree in computer science from a good school, and makes good money. He is irked at the bill no doubt, but his rent is probably close to 1000 dollars a month and I'm sure the payment will in no way affect a single decision he makes the rest of his life other than future parking choices. I've known him for 3 months and this is only the second time we've ever hung out outside of work.