View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 02:24 AM

Default Re: Dog the Bounty Hunter... irony bomb explodes

[ QUOTE ]

Black Americans (they aren't African-Americans because there's nothing African about them except the colour of their skin and we're not supposed to judge people on that, like most Americans they couldn't find Africa on a map with both hands, and their family hasn't been in Africa for many generations) have much bigger problems than whether some douchebag calls a black person a [censored] or not. Weren't we all taught as children just to ignore people saying nasty things and NOT encourage them by getting all upset?

[/ QUOTE ]

If they want to be called African-American what's your beef with that? what does finding Africa have to do with anything?

If I join a basketball league and we name our team the Eight Street Dominators, can the other teams go, hey, not only are only two of your players from eighth street, but you don't dominate, you suck - so we're going to call your team the suck-heads; do we find that acceptable?

Or this: "Hello, my name is John Smith" "What?!? You've never worked at a smithy a day in your life, but your head is kinda large and a bit mishapen, from now on you're John Potato-head..."

Also, you say African American is innacurate, and then want to call them Black...by your own reasoning wouldn't you have to call them Brown?

Hell if they decide to go a whole different direction and want us to call them Frost Giants, I still don't see what your beef with that would be.

Edit: for the Chris Rock referrences in this thread. I'm not a huge fan of his, but I like his line "White people wouldn't trade places with me, and I'm RICH!" Anybody think he's wrong?