View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 02:13 AM

Default Re: KK...a thought process in the heat of battle.

so I was chatting this hand up with several 2+2ers on AIM. several interesting points came up.

courtesty of mrwookie:

1) could it be possible that we actually want to keep some folks in this hand? think about who might fold for 2 bets on the flop but call for 1 - hands like QJ, KQ. I dont think we want these hands out unless they have a BDFD.

2)the flop is pretty ugly and if opponents are tight, they probably have overs that missed. however, if they're loose, they're more likely to have hit this flop with a draw that can profitably call 2 bets on the flop. thus in a very loose game waiting til the turn might be best.

On the other hand, JJH and BBB say that raising the flop is best:

1) equity is not likely going to change drastically based on what the next card is. thus we are forgoing too much equity by smooth calling the flop.

2) the reasoning behind #1 is that the board is quite ragged, unlike the example in p 163 of SSHE, which has a flush draw. this tilts the decision in favor of a flop raise.

FWIW i guess i still dont know what the best play here is. just throwing more ideas out there.