View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 02:05 AM

Default Re: Hi uNL, I made a video for you guys

The first time someone 4bets me I'm not gonna go nuts; and against an unknown it's obviously pretty tough to just put you on a range. I'm not gonna assume that you're 4betting me that light given that I'm an unknown to you as well, and I was playing pretty tight on that table iirc also. Once I get a better feel for someone's play I'll adjust ranges accordingly.

I don't remember the board in the ATo hand but I assume I had air and was bluffing, so once I get raised putting you on a range doesn't really matter [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Kinda sucks that I didn't get any of the good cards required to balance my range in that spot, cause without demonstrating that you get more action on good hands in that spot as well it just made me look like an overagro fish. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I think 4betting pot is a fairly big mistake; there's simply no reason to do it with 100bb stacks. One reason bluffing works is that generally, you're forcing your opponent to commit their stack if they continue because of reverse implied odds, while only committing a small portion of your stack if you have air and are just gonna fold to further action. When 4betting light to a pot-sized RR, that isn't the case; you really are committing your whole stack (and even if you're barely -EV to call a shove and can fold to a shove with some crap like 74s, it's still so close to being neutral EV whether you call or fold that it barely saves you any money to fold vs call off your stack). 4-betting to a size that doesn't commit you to call a shove when you're bluffing brings back that advantage.