View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Re: Heroes Love/Hate Fest 11/5/7

[ QUOTE ]
"Then when someone travels to the future, that future becomes their present and when they go back in time they can't change anything... see how this makes no sense?"

But the future they warp to is still the future of their world, so they can go back.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. Of course, to some extent time travel makes no sense in general, but this is really stretching the nonsensicalness of time travel.

[ QUOTE ]
"He knew which book to give her because he saw it. The first time she got it another way."

So shouldn't Charlie have had 2 books then?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been too long since I've seen it for me to remember whether she said it was a birthday present the first time around, but even if it was there are several possible explanations

[ QUOTE ]

Hiro was ALWAYS the Kensei of legend is what I'm saying. Japan is saved by some guy calling himself Kensei (Hiro) and it's told to all of Japan for 300+ years (Hiro in modern time), so when Hiro is accidently in the past, he knows what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I understand that this is your position that I'm disagreeing with. Why are you repeating this?

[ QUOTE ]
Anything you do in the past either won't change the future, or is what actually happened in your version of history. (Twilight Zone episode where guy goes back in time to investigate a fire, he accidently WAS the cause)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I understand completely the concept of time travel where you can't actually change anything. You don't need to explain it. My point is that the trips to the future prove this to not be the type of time travel that exists in Heroes. Having two different types depending on which way you travel in time simply makes no sense.