View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Jman\'s High Stakes Poker Trip Report (long)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well when you say you are trying to represent online players and their balla-ness (alongside suggesting you are one of the top NL holdem players in the world) it's not advisable to muck the winner and play nittish and scared.

thats basically why the hate is there, even though hate is a bit strong. it's just peoples opinions fgs, grow a spine if it upsets you that much

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said, I agree completely, No one really doubts his ability as his results speak for themselves, I Just found it kind of funny that he challenged some of the best in the world to play heads up then really looked bad when the show aired (again shows are edited all the hands aren't showed but we can only go on what we can see)

It's kind of like that guy at the bar who talks about banging super hot chicks, yet at the end of the night you see him going home with the chubby redheaded, flat chested girl with freckles.....

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's nothing like that. I don't think he commented at all that he'd have a great tv persona or would be in there throwing money around blindly. Aside from throwing away the chopped pot, his play was fine and I'm sure he still thinks he's a big favorite over most at the table. To the best of my knowledge, he hasn't declined action from anyone at that table before or since.