View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 10:07 PM

Default donkin\' it up ? nice wrap + medium FD vs. set

Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with :qh :td :ts :9d
[color=#cc0000]Hero raises to $1</font>, UTG+1 calls, 3 folds, BB calls.

Flop: :8d :js :6d ($3.25, 3 players)
BB checks, [color=#cc0000]Hero bets $3.25</font>, [color=#cc0000]UTG+1 raises to $13</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: [8d :js :6d ]:2h ($29.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, [color=#cc0000]UTG+1 bets $29.25</font>, Hero calls.

I'm pretty sure I've made 2 mistakes here (not jamming the flop and not folding turn) though I think the 3 basic scenarios I have in mind would have the same result: all the money going in.
I have played with Villain a few times and he seems pretty solid (PTO stats support this). I am pretty confident Villian has a set. I doubt he is playing NFD this strong.
My reasoning was that if he did have the NFD he might check the turn and I might get to see my safe river straight. If the flush comes of course I'm not sure where I'm at and I may have to check fold with my crappy flush (same problem whether I make the flush on turn or river?). When Villian jams the turn I'm convinced he has top set. I think a while about outs and odds and call. Wrap and FD too pretty to fold...
Was I commited once I called the raise on flop? Should I just jam the flop to make sure to get paid? Should I get away from the hand on the turn? In favor of folding the turn, I have a lot of second best draws and virtually no implied odds for a river bet since I only have $5 left (if I wiff do I save my last $5 with a pair of tens in an $80 pot? He has at least 2 pair if he thinks I have AAxx for some reason).
Someone just tell me I played it OK and to stop over thinking it...
Would appreciate any advice.
-WM