View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 09:27 PM

Default Re: November Low-Content Thread

[ QUOTE ]

I think you're thinking of someone else, because I didn't play in the must move game last night...at the time I got seated (finally, after waiting >1.5 hours) there was only one game. I'm also assuming I'd remember if I lost with aces like that, though I don't take anything for granted these days.

Did you play in the main game though? I was in the 9 seat from 8:30 to 12:30 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

there was a must move running when I arrived at 11ish, so they must have started it up after you sat. I think it broke around midnight or so, and I had to wait for loooong time before sitting. The guy I am thinking of must have taken your seat when you left, b/c he was in seat nine, but before that he was in seat 5. He was the 45ish russian looking guy.

The reason I placed you in seat 9 was b/c u said you were to the left og the brit.

Here's a funny hand I played against the brit:

I raise EP with KK. 7 to the flop of A85r.

Checked around to the brit who fires. 3 callers. I call, because I think my hand might be good and I almost have odds for my two outer, and b/c the limpers are so bad they don't need to have an ace, and the brit seems aggro.

Anyway, the turn is an A, so the board is A85A. Checked to the brit again and he bets and then comments "it's gonna be jackpot" so I think that means he is bluffing, and if he isn't then I get to gamboooool on a jackpot, so I call, and the worst player in the universe overcalls.

River deuce is checked through, and brit tables 87. Mhig bitches.

Another hand, I had TT, and 3 bet an almost all in EP raiser 4 players to the flop of 892. I bet and 3 see the ace come off on the turn. I get CR by the brit and I decide to fold, but before I do I ask if he'll show. He says sure. Brit flashes his A8o. LOL, nice call PF dude. He was supernice, and I loved playing with him.

The table got soooooo much better after you left. This 65 year old italian guy who smelled like a barrel of brandy, and kept bragging about how he is an old gardena lowball pro, and he hasn't worked since 73 was sooooo hilarious.

4 players to the flop of AK3 2 flush. SB checks. I bet my KT. Blotto geezer agonizes and calls. Turn is a J. I bet again. He calls. River is a 7, no flush. Check check. He tables Q2o no draw. LOL. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Later in the session he 5 bet the tightest player in the game on a KK5 flop with QJ no draw, and then checkraised the turn when he paired. I guess his specialty was backdoor broadway draws?

He kept standing up in the middle of hands and holding his hands in the air, and he couldn't figure out how many chips to put in for a raise. He would also say hilarious stuff when he bet like "[censored] or get off the pot"

It was like he was pulling some kind of Mike Caro shtick that never got to the EV punchline. He knew the brit from back in the old days, so he might have been telling the truth about being an old time lowball pro. I dunnoz.