View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Bankroll for full time play

[ QUOTE ]

Well I normally don't play more than 4 tables at a time, and I'm also reasonably choosy about which tables I play, so in between waiting for a seat in a juicy table and quitting a table when it has no fish or maniacs left my mt ratio would struggle to be above 2.5.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find I am in the same situation OP. I've considered myself a full-time pro for all of '07 and haven't hit 30k hands a month once for the same reasons. I'm not comfortable playing more than 4 tables yet, and because I'm also conscientious about table selection, I'm not even 4-tabling for the majority of a session.

Also, since playing midstakes I am more conscious of ending bad sesssions earlier to prevent tilt, and sometimes need to give myself 1-2 days to mentally recover from a bad session, so this leads to playing less hands overall as well.

Perhaps we just have to say the hell with it and add more tables, being less fussy about finding good ones, and see how it goes. However, my reasoning so far has been that adding an extra 4 random tables and being in more of an 'autopilot' mode overall because of it would be less profitable for me than selecting the 4 best tables and focussing on those. But perhaps the sheer number of extra hands you churn out means that's not the case?

I'm with OP in admiring those who can 8-12 table consistently and profitably but I don't think you ought to feel bad about playing only 20-30k hands a month when it is successful for you.