View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Guy crashes into my truck, his fault, gives false insurance info

[ QUOTE ]
update?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well alls well that ends well. Turns out the guy had insurance afterall. I called his house last night many times. Finally someone answered, wasn't the husband or wife, said they wouldn't be home till "tomorrow". I figure I'm getting the run-around but he insisted "no, he really does have insurance, he filed a claim today". Then he proceeds to give me a new insurance # (same Farmers company). I called today and MUCH to my surprise, I was able to file a claim. I'll be talking to an adjuster tomorrow and should be able to take the truck to get it fixed soon.

But ya this was very educational, hope ya'll learned a few things too. Like go ahead and get a police report, try to verify the insurance right then and there (24 hour claim service), do whatever it takes to CYA. I'm glad I don't have to get the cops involved anymore, I know they have more important things to work on.

And to the people in this thread who said I suck, am stupid, whatever.. hey I did the best I could at the time - ya'll don't have to be such pricks.. Then again, maybe thats all you're capable of.

Always nice to have Ray Zee pop into a thread tho [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Take care.. BB