View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Proposed internet poker ban in MA

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there a forum for fantasy sports?
The bill, as proposed, criminalizes them as well. So if that community is organized, we ought to be able to get support there.

[/ QUOTE ]

That I do not know, but an unlikely ally may be found here in the NFL, MLB, NBA, et al.

Odd how politics can at times do that. Lets not forget the 'skill' gamers that currently are playing via the Newton, Ma. company World Winner and it's 2 big affiliates, AOL and either MSN or YAHOO!.

I can dig up the WW company info, they are a third tier company from a top owned NASDAQ traded company with some 30 million members.

Maybe we need to do a free join there and hit the forum boards at WW to drum up support from these players as well?

This too will become unlawful.

If so, will the company close or relocate? Either way jobs will be lost in Ma., another point to be made.

obg

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, I thought you earlier said World Winner games needed no regs since they are 'skill'. Why would a new MA Gaming Control Authority statute make them unlawful? Why would the change make lawful fantasy sports unlawful for that matter. Are these activities gaming and not skill ?