View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Bottom set on coordinated board

I don't think that this is a sick spot at all.

I think that this is a pretty straight forward and easy shove. The button could be profitably calling pf with a pretty wide range and his flop reraise narrows his range to something like:

8d9d, AdKd, KdJd, AdXd, AJ, J9, AK(if he is not good), TJo, QJo, KJo, KQ, KT, KK, QQ... and there are probably more hands that I am missing.

The fact that it is marginally correct for him to call your with AdXd means that shoving is > calling and reevaluating... especially since you are out of position.

If you were in position this would be closer to being a call though I might shove anyway. Another thing that makes this closer to a call is if you think that you can pick up a good read on him... despite the live advantage this is sill a shove though.

In general, this early in the tournament, cEV approximates $ev so tournament life should not be a concern of yours... you should make the play that will net you the most chips in the long run.

This is a fine first post, it probably just got lost in the shuffle, and there is no problem with you bumping it up after a couple days and only one reply.

Welcome to the forums!

Steve