View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Coffee Addicts Thread

Semi related question, I recently looked into the caffeine content of different drinks/coffees because I want to start limiting how much caffeine I drink per day, and the results were pretty supriseing. The results I found were that an 8 oz Red Bull has 80mg of caffeine, a 16oz Monster drink has 16mg, but a grande (16oz) hot coffee at starbucks (my standard drink) has 330mg???? My intuition was pretty certain that canned energy drinks like red bull/monster/etc would be a lot higher in caffeine than regular coffee but it looks like that is incorrect. What gives?

My regular day is to drink to 2 grande coffees from the starbucks next to my house, one in the morning before class and then one in the afternoon/eveningish when I sit down to do work. When I made the decision to stop drinking the canned drinks thinking they were less healthy to my current 2 coffees a day plan, I thought I would be limiting my caffeine intake. It looks like that is very wrong. How does brewed coffee have that much more caffeine in it than stuff like Red Bull? I really wasn't expecting it to be twice as powerful.