View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Bonds Responds

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is interesting is that if you take into account what was happening in baseball around 1969 (age 35) there are pretty clear reasons that you would expect someones rates to increase slightly. DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I see why....which is what I have been trying to get YOU to see..... since you asserted that it "wasn't normal" for someone to have an increase in power so late in their career.

Good thing you finally came around. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Also, what's your view on the credibility of the Mitchell report, as you had previously asked vhawk for his?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think it is "normal." It might happen occassionaly but that doesnt make it normal. I dont know how you would go about doing this, maybe someone smarter than me can chime in, but I think if you could quantify the specific effects of the rule changes on the offensive environment you would see that the upward trend would be expected for that period, but it would have nothing to do with it being normal to get better after a certain age.

I think run scoring graphs back that point up, but there are obviously factors outside of the rule changes that could affect that line. Here is a hr per 500 ab that seems to show a big jump around 1969.