View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

[ QUOTE ]

the problem is that JG thinks he has the best hand so as you said he won't value bet, he'll prolly shove and Doyle can't call a 250-300K bet on the river with that hand so he would be wasting 75K (if another spade comes JG will bluff and then there's no way Doyle is calling)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the 9-high flush happens to be one of the hands that's a real problem because Jamie misunderstands his own strength. He might well bet it big and I'd fold. I think with low flushes (7-high or worse) he'd give it up. You also have to think there's a good chance that he's going to say something retarded on the river that gives away his hand even more clearly. But Jamie does seem scared of big pots and I wouldn't be surprised if he tiny bet the 9-high flush.

BTW for all the talk of Jamie semibluffing - I haven't seen it from his TV play. He keeps saying how he would make the big move if he had some kind of combo, but from what I've seen he tends to play kinda passive with good equity combos and prefers to bluff without good outs.