Thread: Stiffing
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Stiffing

[ QUOTE ]

Hey guy, when 30 people are calling you a douchebag and you're the only one left vehemently defending your point, you should step back and take a look at the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I look at logic. Little has been tossed out to make me rescind my opinion.

[ QUOTE ]
Restaurants in America are set up for tipping. They are paid far below minimum wage because of the fact that they make money from tips. If tipping didn't exist, stuff on the menu would cost approximately 15% more to make up for it. What would you do then, not go out to eat?

You are freeloading on the system. This is why you are a douche. If everyone acted the way you did, the industry would have to change. But you clearly know all of this and still think you should be exempt so I don't know why I'm bothering.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, stop acting like any of this makes me obligated for anything. I would be "obligated" if it was put into the price (and let's not act like the amenities of a restaurant isn't put into the price anyway; it's not my fault the restaurant is pocketing this and not the employees). Really, I couldn't care less if every restaurant was like Hometown Buffet and the food was already made, or I ordered it and it was made and I got up and got my [censored]. I'm for damn sure not going to the restaurant because of some great waitresses or something.

I already don't go out to eat. The closest thing I do to go out to eat is go to Mix Bowl. I rarely go to restaurants and when I do, the vast majority of them suck and I never go again; that or I'm not paying (for the tip, at least).

lol @ freeloading the system. If the system is set up poorly, that doesn't make it my obligation to follow it just because I happen to live in America. Ever heard the phrase, I live in America but I'm not an American?