View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Hi uNL, I made a video for you guys

[ QUOTE ]
At 13:14 you had QK ip on a AK6 board. I'm just curious to know why you did not c-bet that when it was checked to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's one of the few spots where I'll check behind on the flop a good % of the time - also, I assume villain was prob a little tight for me to do this (at work now so don't have the vid in front of me). I'm never folding out an ace by betting and the texture of the board makes it fairly unlikely that I'll get a lot of value from worse hands (assuming tight villain - cause against a donk they'll still call with all kinds of worse K's, PPs, bottom pair, gutters, whatever), so checking behind here underrepresents my hand a little bit and may allow me to get more value on future streets in spots where villain would have just folded to a cbet.

Checking behind flops is something I only really do frequently in two spots, though:
- Against bad donks that refuse to fold to me, like, ever
- Against regulars with marginal-ish hands in spots where I a.) don't want to get check-raised, b.) want to play pot-control and bluff-catch with something weird like ace high, or c.) want them to bluff into my stronger hand (or just confuse them) when for some reason I feel like cbetting the flop won't net the most value.

[ QUOTE ]
I believe you had made other videos in the past but all the links @ megaupload have expired. Do you still have those somewhere on your hard drive?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I do, but tbh I'm not sure how much you guys would get out of watching them. I made all those vids like a year ago, usually while frustrated because of a bad run, and I absolutely had a decent amount of leaks at that point. I'm like 200% better at poker right now than I was a year ago. I appreciate all the good comments you guys have given and I'll prob do this again the next time I get sick of grinding 400nl for a day. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I don't really know what to do for the people still having issues after downloading the codec, but I'll second the suggestion to download VLC player, as it's probably the most reliable media player you can get.

EDIT: If you really want to mess around you can maybe try ffdshow (first try stable version, then most recent version) as I think it's supposed to decode TSCC files, but if you aren't comfortable with computer stuff in general then I'd only mess around w/ this as a last resort.