View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how anybody can call his game gold.

Laliberte flops trip Js, Farha calls with Flushdraw, Farha makes Flush -> Overbets Pot, Laliberte thinks "(ZOMG JACKZ CAN'T BE BEATORIZED) I'll just call" and calls an overbet while obviously being 1:3.6 underdog (what can Farha have to overbet? Two-Pair? Buttom Set? lol) -> gets there and doesn't manage to extract more than 1 called turn bet on the river thus fails to extract any implied odds from Farha who managed to make a good fold.

So after the turn, he made a huge -EV against Farha.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you seriously going to cry over a bet that was 13k over the pot? Who the hell cares... These people are raising 20k before the flop into 2k. That's just there game.

He just calls because he KNOW's he can be beat. At what point in this session did you see Guy play a hand where he "thought" he was ahead and NOT bet / Raise. Even with a weak hand like AJ he reraises.

Get outa here... I dont care what player you are, or what hand you have... If Flop goes Check-Check-BetPot-Call-Fold. Then on the Turn First position raises the pot ( or slightly over it ) bell's start going off.