View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Multi-table or move-up?

...snip...
What regs (besides Sobos and ActionStan) do I need to be wary of?
...snip...

You're too kind. I think mostly I suck less than most of the crowd there and that's not that hard.

I don't have trouble with any particular player. No one is so aggressive that I just hate to have them on my left. Most of my problems stem from my own game and not a particular player, such as being too optimistic about a players range and putting too much money into a pot because hands x, y, and z would all be in my raising range. Ol' Rocky NeverMoveAChip just doesn't have those hands in his range as it turns out.

I don't honestly think that the NL200 level is all that much harder than the NL100 level on the dog. It's a little different set of behaviors to exploit, but there is still plenty of bad play.

The biggest difference I've noticed is that there are a somewhat higher percentage of folks who will challenge your c-bets so you may want to a little more selective on the flops you c-bet, but just a little. I still make most of my money in small pots. They level tends to be a little looser pre-flop, so that more than makes up for the slightly greater aggression as long as you consistently attack in position. It is also somewhat more likely that someone will drop down from a higher limit or a big sports book score and play some 1-2 and do a lot more raising to have a little fun. If you end up out of position to one of these guys, you may have to adjust to trapping and playing back more than you would at the lower levels where you don't bump into this style as much.