View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Last One (Razz trny)

[ QUOTE ]
I lean towards raising 3rd but maybe not due to the dead cards and the 7 showing. Definitely raise 4th.

-ChipsAhoya

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, it was an ugly board and the 6 raised and I just wanted to limp in and have an easy out.

I think the 4th street raise (or lack thereof) that Rusty brings up is an interesting debate point. No one in this $1 trny was going to fold 4th unless they had a T in the hole and maybe not then. But I could have gotten more money in at that point since my hand improved. I think I didn't raise because the board really was so bad I just had no faith in this hand holding up. But then, I'm thinking I don't raise enough on 4th just generally.

I did call and Aced the river and won the hand. I am looking to establish a general rule about calling with the best or at least a live draw. I note in higher stakes cash games that every good player seems willing to call pretty much anything against made worse hands with better draws. and live cards. So, I'm presuming the RoT is: if you need two perfect get out but if you need one reasonable stay in?