Thread: Stiffing
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Stiffing

[ QUOTE ]
The only custom title Vyse deserves is also six letters and starts with "B". I just threw up in my mouth seeing him get that for throwing the easy Reservoir Dogs tipping quote out there.

Bars: once overcame a lot of internal turmoil and stiffed a really unfriendly waitress from whom I bought a single $6 beer but who was really rude to our group for a couple of hours because we were playing bar shuffleboard and apparently in her way. The place wasn't even that crowded, she was just being a bitch. I made sure that she knew that I stiffed her before I left. Was really pissed but like I said, it was hard for me to do for some reason.

Cabs: actually, it was on my way to the 2+2 happy hour in LA a couple of months ago that the cabbie pulled the "no change" bit. First he charged a ridiculous flat fee for like 1.5 miles ($12, I think) then I decided to pay on the way, which was smart, because when he said he didn't have change I made him pull into a convenience store and get some. Still "tipped" him $3 to an even $15, he gave me some sob story about how they had just raised the minimum charge from $10 to $12 and it was cutting into his profits. Whatever buddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

is this a joke post? this post is really bizarre. ok, you "stiffed" a waitress at a bar and made sure she knew it... on a six dollar beer? so you stiffed her a dollar? yeah i'm sure she's still thinking about that one!

and then haha, you act like you stiffed the cabbie but you gave him $3 on $12? seems perfectly acceptable.

please explain this post!