View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Female Singer/Songwriter Thread

This is one superb thread. I also find myself drawn to the female singer-song writers. Joni Mitchell is one of the best. Circle Game was played at my wedding for the groom/mother dance. Youtube Video
My folks had all her albums and i use to listen to them non-stop.

I've been lucky enough to have seen Iris Dement live as she played a little auditorium on the USD campus a few years ago. Excellent show. I really enjoy the song Easy's Gettin Harder Every Day (sorry, couldn't find a link)

I only recently gotten into Lucinda Williams about 2-3 years ago when a friend had her new disk World Without Tears and heard Those Three Days and then I pretty much found anything with her name on it and snatched it up.

Based on the people already mentioned I feel that everyone would enjoy this excellent singer songwriter from the midwest. I first saw her in a coffee shop in Rapid City, SD and have seen her about a half a dozen other times. She's witty, compassionate, and down right talented. Her name is Brenda Weiler and I encourage everyone to check her out.

Here is her myspace page that features songs from her new personal album:
Myspace page

Here is her website that features some stuff from her older albums: Brendaweiler.com

There are quite a few other talented females that I hope get brought up in this thread in the near future. I am going to list some for the fact that I don't want to forget them.

Tori Amos
Kasey Chambers
Tift Merrit
Ani Difranco
Sarah McLachlan

Just to name a few.