View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 11:24 AM

Default Re: bwana\'s get unfat log

[ QUOTE ]
bwana,

diet looks pretty decent, but it's hard to tell unless you break it down into the meals and do a nutritional count. There's nothing wrong with yogurt dunno why you cut that. It certainly wouldn't hurt to add more variety of veggies. If you don't do that make sure you take a multivitamin. It looks off hand like you might actually be going too low in fat. You need about 25g of fat a day for testosterone production and other basic bodily functions, don't go under that. You're also definitely not eating enough protein to really add muscle but I guess that's not your goal at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

i do need to spend time analyzing my diet. i get lost beyond the calorie count. when people state how many carbs, fats and protein etc they eat during the day, i think that would be equivelent to a part-time job for me to monitor and understand how it all comes together properly.

for protein i was looking at getting some protein powder and ill try and incorporate some good fats in my diet. lately i have been eating mixed nuts and olive oil.

[ QUOTE ]

Dude, be careful and go slow !! A back injury could bug you for the rest of your life! Don't worry about how much weight you're moving and just take it easy. If you hurt yourself squating deep that would tend to suggest you are lacking flexibility in the hips & hams and your pelvis is rolling under when you go deep, so take some time just really go easy lifting and spend a lot of time stretching. IMHO if possible you should take another 2 weeks and not lift and swim laps and stretch.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the concern. i feel much better right now - about 95%. im still going to take it slow. i went to the doctor for a follow up visit yesterday and he thought i was recovering fine.

can someone recommend some hip mobility exercises? i found an article on t-nation but it was terribly technical and went over head. i need 'hip mobility for dummies.'