View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Re: The Well: TOO EAZY!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and don't plan on playing 5/10 until i have around 125k in the roll. I'm a huge bankroll nit and I think it has a lot to do with my success.

[/ QUOTE ]
125K for 5/10?
I'm new to NL but it was my understanding that a good BR (for a winning player) was 15 - 30 buy in's.
Do you normally have 125 buy ins for each limit you play?
What am i missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I made it pretty clear that I'm definitely on the mega conservative side of BR mgmt, but basically there's two things I consider here in this decision. 1) I'm making $250+/hr. I don't know about you, but I feel that I don't need to take many risks when making this kind of money. I understand that I may never reach my potential but I'm not playing to become the best, I'm playing for funds. 2) The people advocating 15-30bi rule are doing so with the presumption that your goal as a player is to rise up through the stakes as quickly as possible. This works fine from micro-400nl or so, but after that point you are going to run into stiffer competition which means more swings which means you need more padding to get by. Personally, with 30bi you can lose 15% of your roll in one session, this is not something I like to allow to happen as I think preventing tilt is the best way to be a successful long term player and it's hard for anyone not to tilt after losing 10%+ of their roll in my experience.

So, if you're new to the game, following a 15-30bi rule is no problem. But I think at 200nl+ a 50bi minimum is necessary. 100bi+ if it is your sole income source (which is my case).