View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 08:51 AM

Default Norton internet security is comming up with errors

Before you all berate me for using norton, it came with my dell and I have an 18month subscription which I intend to use, though I will probably ditch it after that.

After my last liveupdate through norton, when I re-boot, norton I get an error box containing the following: Auto protect experienced an unexpected error 0x00000ce3 3035,12

And in the norton protection centre there is a red dot next to virus protection. If I click 'Fix this Problem' it tries to open live-update and one of two things happen... 1) It runs liveupdate, finds no updates, and goes back to exactly how it was before... or 2) It comes up with an error saying liveupdate is already running.

I have run an independant macafee virus scan and also spybot and I don't think I have a virus (but I could be wrong) - norton support are very unhelpful, it seems like I am talking to a computer, all they say is re-install this - re-install that.....

Apart from norton, everything else seems to be working fine.

Any suggestions (which do not involve the complete removal of nortan) would be great.

Thanks