Thread: Stiffing
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 07:17 AM

Default Re: Stiffing

[ QUOTE ]
Vegas cabbies seem to be real bitches about tipping. Unless you tip 30%+, half of them throw a hissy fit. I've taken to stiffing them now if they say anything negative. My fare ends up being $6.50. I give the guy $8 and he starts bitching about being tipped "only a dollar." Wtf dude? [censored] you. I took the $2 back and threw him 50 cents.

It's ridiculous. This happens at least half the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I hate tipping. People think of it as a granted right to them, as if I am obligated to. Not on my watch. I have a much higher standard of dining and food when I'm going out -- isn't that the point? Shouldn't I? So if you don't live up to it, [censored] you. Maybe if you got there in ten minutes instead of 30 (c) I would tip, Mr. Cabbie. I only tip so largely when I do come across a great place because it's so insanely rare, and really, that's pretty sad.

There's this place where I live, Bangkok Blue, a Thai restaurant. So far it's the only restaurant I will regularly go to and know I am not only going to have the best food of my life, but am going to be treated well and have [censored] done for me without me having to ask. I spend like $50-$75 there every time I go, but whatever, it's worth it.