View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 06:40 AM

Default Re: Justify procreation, please.

[ QUOTE ]
After 88 posts, I hope it doesn’t degenerate into that. I am seriously trying to propose a concept that I have never seen discuss and determine if there is any logical reason against the idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am giving you some support here, RJT!

The facts (not ideas, vague hopes or whatver) is that I have had no children as a conscious decision based on what I saw/see life to be. My partners have shared this idea. At least, one very good friend, let our friendship lapse because I refused to be a donor for her pregnancy. The only answer I could give her for my lack of willingness to fulfill her wishes was that it would go contrary to all I experienced and understood, to participate in any way in bringing on another sentience to be.

Having said that I also added that I did not judge her decision, simply that I did not want to participate. I lost her, and her family friendship. By the way, she was assuring me that there would be no obligations at all on my part to be in any way involved with the life of her child.

Since then, she has had a child, is very happy, and I am still certain I did the right thing too.