View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 03:17 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

[ QUOTE ]
Great show, horrible thread. What else is new.

1) Ditto on Antonio's great reads, and I actually don't think he played the AA hand that badly. Super deep stacks, and knows (as well as anyone who's seen Barry on TV) that Greenstein is capable of 3-betting with a big draw (Ks8x). And since he was in the blinds his hand is hard to read. Antonio doesn't want to play a huge pot, especially if he's beat, and with Barry betting out into the field he's capable of holding a flush as well.

When Barry fires the third barrel on the river, Antonio is right to consider that he's beaten (Barry looked like he wanted a call and liked his hand), but of course he has to call there.

2) Doyle played his flush hand fine. All you guys who can see Jamie's cards are gleefully talking about how easy it is to shove like 400BBs into the pot there. Kaplan called it perfectly -- the way Doyle reads the situation (albeit incorrectly), Jamie is either bluffing or he has a monster (unfortunately, Jamie is too bad at poker to realize the 9-high flush is not a monster vs. Doyle). Doyle correctly read that Jamie loved his hand, so he figured he'd let go of the small amount he'd invested into the pot because it's a RIO situation -- if he's beat, he's drawing dead.

The stack sizes made it an awkward hand to be in at the time. With a smaller stack he can shove, and with a larger stack he can call and face a river decision. With 500k and Jamie's raise to 125, Doyle is finding it hard to commit himself with that hand. Folding is a minor mistake if he's ahead of Jamie's bluff (Jamie wouldn't follow through on the river), and if Jamie's ahead, calling is a gigantic mistake.

Great play Doyle, and all these internet fish behind their dorm room 50-Cent posters and suburban Michigan minivans in mom's driveway can relax on the computer chair and pretend they're better at poker than you, but you've been owning the likes of them for decades. Keep on keepin' on.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT...Finally a voice of reason in this horrible thread. I bet that most of you who are willing to stack of with the third nuts 400BBs deep are losing players. Blah blah blah Gold bluffs and is a spew monkey yes this is true but sometimes he may just pick up a real hand. In this situation Gold felt like he had the best hand and to me was willing to stack off. Now what Doyle has to ask himself is what hands can I beat? Yeah certain players like to bluff but usually when they are willing to put there whole stack in they think they have the best hand, and they usually get paid off because people think they're bluffing.