View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 01:59 AM

Default boat loses to quads, oh noes!

Sorry about the somewhat rare hand. I know they're rare, but we've all seen them, so they can't be THAT useless to discuss.

Live 10/20.

Loose player limps, tight player limps, aggro player raises, villain three-bets, I cap my SB, bb folds, limpers fold, aggro calls and villain calls.

Villain is stuck I think, and he has limped twice in the last bit with AQo, but he normally raises those hands, but he's stuck and not happy about it. He frequently misses value on the river and once checked throguh the turn with a straight because the board paired and he was afraid of a full house, which was kinda weak. He folded a set on the river to me earlier also I think, after I three-bet him and he called me with JJ on a AKJQX board.

However, afaik he also thinks I'm bluffy from previous sessions and I don't think he's actually seen me win a session, maybe once but I'm not sure. This guy's pretty bad, he's not an uberfish or whatever, but he's too loose pf and too timid post-flop.

He's previously raised stuff like 44/55 in early, generally folds a lot of hands if it's raised in front of him, but generally folds a lot if it's raised in front of him. He'll limp along with stuff like 32s. He frequently raises and calls 3-bets with JJ.

Anyways, PF action as described above. I have K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Pot is 15.5 sb.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, aggro dude folds, and villain calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, he calls.

River: 6 of bricks

I bet, he raises.

I hesitate and try to put him on some hands that I'm ahead of enough to three-bet. I figure there's maybe aa, ak, some flushes, aj, and maybe something like KJ or backing into a boat on the turn but I wouldn't think so. Anyways, I sorta laugh sourly and raise. He makes it 4 bets and I call.

Did I put in the correct amount of action here?

Thing that bugs me is that I run into fish all the time that frequently will slowplay quads to the river but slowplay trips to the turn, and bet out open pairs on paired boards. It's like the default fishy player MO or something.