View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 01:26 AM

Default 10/25 NL live tilty loose calls or not so bad?

Foxwoods 10/25, 10-handed.

I haven't seen villain play too many hands. He is tight, and I get the impression that he may a good player. My image is pretty aggressive at this point. I have been making lots of big bets/raises on the turn and river, have been caught bluffing once or twice and won without showdown a bunch. Overall, I have been losing a bunch of money.

I have 4100 and villain covers.

I am in BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Preflop
Villain raises to 100 from MP, cutoff calls, and I call. Is this call OK if I have no plans to steal and am just looking to hit a big hand? If it is marginal I guess I should just fold it against a possibly good player who I have no read on.

Flop (300): 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Check to villain and he bets 225. Other guy folds and I call. I have the gutshot, an ace, and the backdoor flush draw, and there are lots of turn cards that could scare him into checking behind. Probably still a bad call though, no?

Turn (750): K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I check to villain and he bets 550. Guess I gotta call now.

River (1850): 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Well, I hit my diamond. Time to fire out a bet that looks like a bluff and hope to get called by AK or AA or even something worse, right? I think there are tons of hands I could be bluffing with here. I bet 1200, he asks me how much I have left and then raises 2000 more. He must have either a boat or be representing a boat with his air at this point. The former is much more likely, but now I'm getting 3:1. Call just in case?