View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 01:24 AM

Default Re: Proposed internet poker ban in MA

Hey New Guy;

On behalf of all of us here at the Poker Players Alliance, I'd like to commend you for the superb effort you took in communicating with your local Representative. Thank you so very much!

Also, I'd like to thank all of you for the volume of letters that were forwarded to their respective legislators. In a 3 day period, I am proud to report that more than 1700 letters have been sent to MA legislators. I am so immensely proud of how quickly you all have responded and the efforts you all have made.

I am proposing a second phase to this effort. Tommorow I will draft a standard letter, much like the one that we sent to the legislators, but this time to all the media sources in Massachusetts. Our best defense to this struggle is to put a spotlight on it...Let's send the message, loud and clear, that we are mad as hell and we won't lay down for politicians with alterior motives with their hands out looking for "sweetheart deals". If we can send 1700 letters to media sources, we are sure to receive some much needed attention to this cause.

The reason why this is so important is because the language in the bill regarding criminalization of online gaming is so vague that most of your legislators don't even know it exists! We need to ensure that they are made aware and that their votes on the issue will be watched ever so carefully.

Please join me in this second wave of our attack! Thank you.

All In,

Randy C~
MA Pep PPA