View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 12:41 AM

Default Re: Playing HU at SNG 6-max: theory discussion

[ QUOTE ]
No, that's the advice that came to my mind when you posted your whine about 'but they never fold and it's not fair'.

If they never fold, throw away the trash. Raise your strong hands. They call with worse, you profit long term. Don't be afraid to value bet thin.

If you raise a few times, meet resistance and your stack widdles down to 10bbs. So be it, pushbot. You should feel comfortable getting short.

What else are you going to do against people that never fold? You want to start randomly c/r flops that you deem good, despite the fact they your opponents seem to be playing a very wide range preflop? How are you going to determine these good flops when you can't narrow your opponents range?

This strategy will just help make your opponents no foldem style less bad. If you are going to check shove into them, you are going to be winning the small pots and losing the big ones.

Just play tight solid poker. Bet your good hands. Play the big pots when you have a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't a whine post. It was a question as to how tight I should be playing against loose passives at 15-20BB. Thanks for explaining to me more in full.

Barry