View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: 2/4 - I see monsters

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, the way the opponent played this hand if he holds anything other than 99 is rather illogical. If he has a big hand (a hand that makes a boat on the river) and is worried about being beat once gobbledygeek leads the turn, the 9 on the river doesn't change enough for him to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. But I still have to 3bet this every time, right?

GshoppingforskirtsG

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure there will be calls for me to turn in my Carpal \'Tunnel status for saying this, but if I'm ever not three-betting the nut full house on the river, this is the spot. The board is such that he can pretty much only have a full house here, and if he has a hand that the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] helped, his prior action suggests that he was afraid of three kings on the flop, a hand he's still losing to on the river -- unless he has quads.

That said, it's live 2/4, where players who bet or raise based only on the strength of their hands are somewhat common (these players exist, in smaller numbers, at higher limits, too) -- "A full house is worth eight bucks!" He could also be "slowplaying" his 88 or two pair (unlikely given all the action on the flop, but possible) or waiting to make sure the third spade didn't come or a straight wasn't possible before he put in heavy action on the big streets.

-McGee