View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 08:42 PM

Default Re: [$5.50 FTP] - Facing pushes in low blinds play

Hand #1 (I have not read other replies yet EXCEPT for the 6.50 games which I disagree with).

#1 - fold - AK is a hand where if you do not hit GET OUT - you do NOT want to see a showdown unless you have a REAL good reason to.

Looking at my PT stats I have a horrible record when pushing AK and I have to see the board!

I limp an fold if I don't hit. AK is a drawing hand and at that point in a STT it's a matter of surviving, NOT winning chips!

#2 raise was too small - I would put in 240ish. Anybody that wants to play needs a REAL good hand and there will only be one player. Again - survive - you don't want to see a flop unless all the chips are in BEFORE the flop.

As played push it! What can ya do - backing down and you will feel like a fool and think about the hand all night.

Push it - you have a great hand and he might be stealing and thinking you have over cards. If you push and lose - move on - bad luck.

I'm pretty sure 30% is unattainable longterm?? not in the least, 30% is good but certainly attainable playing one table.

6.50s are turbos and pretty much random. Your ROI will go down, and your $/hour will stay the same if you get lucky.

A good player that knows how to play poker (unlike many humun bots that play 10 tables and think a 10% ROI is good)will do pretty good in reg tournaments. a ROI of +30% is very doable even on tight tables.