View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Stupid intern gets owned by boss via email

[ QUOTE ]
NT!,

I would not be surprised to learn that large companies are searching the Internet (including myspace and facebook) as part of the background check for new employees.

If you think snooping around myspace is 'over the line' how do you classify a criminal background check?

My attitude is that an individual interested in protecting his privacy should take measures to make sure to keep private stuff out of the public domain.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i know that people usually plug your email address into searches and look for facebook / myspace profiles. i don't have a big problem with it - i think it kinda sucks but there's an easy remedy for it if you don't want to be found.

what i am saying is, if you change your picture, make your profile private, block access to photos, etc, i think that ought to be enough. if i found out a company was snooping around all the profiles for my graduate program, for instance, and trying to find comments i had made or look for untagged photos of me, that would piss me off and it would probably be a company i wouldn't want to work for.

in my field criminal background checks, as well as other extensive checks, are a must, and i have undergone them many times without complaint. it's the nature of the job.