View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Re: [$5.50 FTP] - Facing pushes in low blinds play

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your input, guys!

In Hand #1 I was on the fence, but decided to muck. Against an unknown, I felt I'd be either in a race vs underpair or royally screwed vs AA, KK. My stack was largely intact and I'd rather put the chips in in a better situation.

In Hand #2 I had the same reasoning as you guys and called, villain showed 44 [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

As far as playing $6.50s - those are turbos, it's more of a crapshoot than normal structure SNGs, no? Aren't those extra 2% in rake going to be offset by more variance and worse ROI? I am pretty comfortable with my current 30% ROI in the 5.50s over a couple of hundred tourneys ...

[/ QUOTE ]

first of all, congrats on playing well and running hot. I'm pretty sure 30% is unattainable longterm (anything higher than 17-18% is gross), but it means that you're playing really well and probably running really well also.

As for Turbos, I feel that educated players have a HUUUUUUDDDDGGGGGEEEEEE advantage in these, more than in regulars. You get to the bubble a lot faster in turbo's, and the bubble is the most profitable place to play. Low-limit players are so bad at bubble play, and will generally play worse than you think possible on the bubble. I think turbo's are way more +ROI if you know ICM and are a decent push/fold player. SNG's are a high variance game turbos OR regulars, but man people are dumb on the bubble, and that's where the majority of our profit comes from.

Try it out for a little way is my suggestion.