View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 07:31 PM

Default Re: New York Knicks \'07-\'08 playoffs or Busto thread

Well after two games, the Knicks are 1-1:

In my opinion, they played better in their loss to Cleveland than they did in their win over Minny.

Vs. Cleveland they proved that the Randolph/Curry frontcourt can work as they both scored 20+ points. Nate Robinson played surprising under control in this game and hit a bunch of key shots. The biggest problem is still the defense. They occasionally show flashes of solid team defense but on the whole, it has been their weak spot. This was evident the Knicks gave up back to back to back to back wide open 3s to the same guy. All though to be fair, Moron Thomas has them play a zone after the dude hits 2 of them. WTF?

Vs. The wolves they looked out of sink all game. If it wasn't for Jamal's heroics in the 4th they would have easily lost that game to a poor T-Wolves team. Although I feel like the reason it was such a close guy is they got away from feeding the post in the second half and working the offense inside out. Randolph showed that sometimes he can be a black hole on offense when he's not hitting outside shots. But you've gotta like 6 guys in double figures, very balanced scoring. Q-Rich with 0 points in 30 minutes is a bit disturbing though.

The same thing happened in the first two games that happened all of last year. The Knicks seemed to play at the level of their opponent. They came up to the Cavs level and went right down to the T-Wolves level. Also, there were stretches in the 3rd vs the Cavs and in the 4th vs the Wolves where the Knicks had 5-8 point leads with the ball and momentum and they couldn't put either team away. This was really frustrating to watch.

Overall, we haven't learned overly much but I still feel that this team has enough firepower to compete for that 7-8 seed.