View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 07:31 PM

Default Re: $235 6-man [censored] me with a chainsaw

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It's very profitable for SB to keep this table setup around as long as possible. Each successive hand becomes more +$EV the longer it continues. Stealing one BB from suzzer now is kind of meh, but waiting five minutes and doing it is much better. The opportunity will still be there because he still can't call with anything even when there's >2x as much in the pot preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have problems seeing how this is a very heavy argument.
It's likely that the bubble won't last very long. If it does, often it does because button double up through us, and then the stack setup is not that good for pwning anymore. Also, why can't we, as SB, take the BB now and later?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes you can take advantage of it both now and later, but every push SB makes is going to open BB's calling range, unless BB is some sort of robot. My point is that two levels later, it's not hard to find an extra +0.8% by making calling ranges tighter, and that's what SB needs to offset passing this opportunity with the bottom end of his range. I'm not suggesting SB should be folding a hand with, like, a face card in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree heavily, at the very least in this specific situation since even if the shorty is there for a bunch of hands suzzer is not going to start calling A3 or something just because big stack has been pushing every hand, good players ranges wont fluctuate here THAT much so SB needs to take every advantage he can take, giving suzzer chips doesnt give him equity.