View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 07:14 PM

Default Re: KQs on button. Short stacked late in tourny.

Ok, so it seems pretty unanimous shoving is best here.

I'm not sure I understand why though. I feel like if I bet half my stack it looks equally scary to a2-a9o in the SB or BB or even perhaps more so (I'm assuming anything a10 or better will call). Given the specifics, a brand new table with new players who don't know me and I don't know them, wouldn't raising half my stack look much more like a very high quality hand that wants action instead of a desperate short stack that wants to steal the blinds?

The main range here that seems important against KQs is ace rag which is a possible calling hand against a shortstacked shove. I'm tempted to think that Ax would more likely call against a shove than a half stack bet in this precise spot.

I've seen a couple comments about +EV etc. If someone could please explain why shoving in this specific situation (taking the lack of reads etc. into account)has a higher +EV than raising only half stack, also assuming that I will go all in on the flop no matter what. Any help is obviously much appreciated...