View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Funny and/or Effective Quips to Problem Players

Agreed, bav, which is why I'm not on high alert to think of witty put-downs. At the same time, at the micro-limits, it surprises me how some of the obnoxious people will get right in line and even start being friendly and tipping well if you talk down to them and put them in their place. Some kind of masochistic thing. I've only had to really scold and borderline insult someone a couple of times, and I felt very weird and dirty doing it, especially when they got all sugar and spice afterwards. Helllooooo childhood issues. I can't imagine EVER saying anything like that to a player at anything above 3/6, and even at that level I don't want to do it. Also why I'm asking for better responses to things, as mine aren't so good. I'm hoping to get a dealer venting thing going on, too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As to the sister line... I've only softly muttered it twice. Tho' keep in mind we have dealers who outright swear at players, so there's some context here. But c'mon, it's funny! Sadly, I didn't make it up.