View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 06:45 PM

Default Re: live 6/12, 87s from BB

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Um... this is a fold. Is the world insane? You don't have 6 outs here when its bet and raised in a passive live game. Plus, as others have said, you aren't closing the action and if it get threebet you definantly don't have 6 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ. This is so frusturating. This is where I started and now I'm back there again. It's like I'm incapable of thinking for myself. I'm terrified of looking stupid. This puts me on life tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's some math if it makes you feel better. If we assume we've got 5 outs or thereabouts, that we'll fold the turn if we miss, but will win 3 extra big bets if we hit, we only need to assume approx. a 10% chance we'll get 3-bet & capped before our call has an EV of less than half of a small bet. This ignores the times we'll hit our hand and lose to a redraw or bigger hand at showdown, and anything we make here is vulnerable.

.6 =(26*0.1)+(-2*0.8)+(-4*0.1)

There are plenty of assumptions in here, but anything we can imagine to make this call worth more can be balanced by similar imaginings to make it much worse. Add in a 2% chance that we hit a hand but lose to something else (costing an average of 5SB more before we showdown the loser) and you get

-.02 =(26*0.08)+(-5*0.02)+(-2*0.8)+(-4*0.1)

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude. I don't understand any of that. At all. Plz simplify for the retarded among us, okthenthx.