View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: d

[ QUOTE ]
agaisnt an aggressive opponent why wouldn't you? or rather an opponent that you think floats/bets the turn here. Not saying this situation I think my opponent would, but in general if i have like KKK here and I feel hes gonna float me/semibluff, etc, I obviously lean towards a c/r. Does this make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignoring the fact that all the sudden our 17/11/no history opponent is aggressive, I still don't like it. You're assumably going to bluff the turn K a good % of the time given your aggressive image, so he will discredit a turn bet even more. I would expect him make more moves if you bet rather than you checking, actually.

Most of his range is going to be either really strong, or a draw. If you have a great made hand, the money is going in anyway; if he has a draw, it can range from a pr + gutter to either a straight float to FD. All of his non-made hands don't want to get c/r and now have to either fold having good equity or continue putting a lot of money in as a dog, which points to him checking back a lot. It would then suck for any draw to get there, you bet, and get shoved on. Even though a c/r may be good from your perspective, your opponents hand range dictates that he will be doing everything is his power to prevent a c/r, unless he wants one.